CAS key laboratory of Tibetan Environmental changes and Land surface processes (TEL) is a young yet fast growing laboratory that focuses on the study of Tibetan plateau environmental changes and their influences on and responses to global changes, thus to advise on adaptation measures for social wellbeing in the region. Research conducted in TEL includes the following aspects:
- to unravel the variation characteristics and mechanisms of the Plateau environment
- to reveal land surface processes’ changes and their impacts on East Asia and beyond
- to assess the responses of the Plateau to the monsoon system, global warming and anthropogenic activities
- to forecast environment and land surface changes on the Tibetan Plateau,
- to help come up with adaptation strategies for humans living in the region to the changing environment.
After professional selection, 7 research projects were funded in 2010 by TEL, including 3 first-grade and 4 second-grade awards. This year’s open fund still directs at the scientific community sharing the same research interest, and calls for applications from now on. Please visit the website at http://www.tel.itpcas.ac.cn for TEL Open Fund Application Guide and to download the Application Form.
Duration for application: 20 June-30 August 2011.
For further questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.